photo Separate_zpsee6734da.jpg  photo about_zps8c821b8c.jpg  photo portfolio_zps8d0d9d7f.jpg  photo bloglovin_zpsa2e5e23c.jpg
 photo 30by30_zps098a90d4.jpg  photo instagram_zpse717f74f.jpg  photo facebook01_zps3b7e857c.jpg  photo Separate01_zps16ecb567.jpg

Saturday, November 19, 2011

The Project, pt. 9

"sun flare"
sun flare

This is photo 9 titled "sun flare" from the current project I'm working on (if you want the details about the project, click here).

I haven't actually developed this print yet. I'm saving it for last because I'm scared to do it. It looks fine now scanned from a negative, but I know it's going to be difficult. The exposure is all funky because I was pointing the camera directly at the sun and tried to compensate for the brightness by guessing.

It's not obvious that this is supposed to be about the sun, but I'm hoping that the ring of sunlight along with the straight round posture will be enough to get the point across. I think this is also the first horizontal photo I'm using for the project so far. I purposely shot another horizontal for this project that I'll share later so it wouldn't be alone and stick out like a sore thumb in a sea of vertical photos. Getting this collection together requires a lot of fore-thought and detailed planning.

3 comments:

cb said...

uh the lighting is so great! we just got a roll of film the other day and seeing the out come makes me miss using film so much!
xo,
cb

Anonymous said...

This might be a new favorite of mine! The composition is so simple and I love it. The sun is illuminating the figure at the perfect angle.

Let It Be Raw said...

Thanks lexie! I was on the fence on this one, but I think I'll keep it now.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...