photo Separate_zpsee6734da.jpg  photo about_zps8c821b8c.jpg  photo portfolio_zps8d0d9d7f.jpg  photo bloglovin_zpsa2e5e23c.jpg
 photo 30by30_zps098a90d4.jpg  photo instagram_zpse717f74f.jpg  photo facebook01_zps3b7e857c.jpg  photo Separate01_zps16ecb567.jpg

Friday, September 23, 2011

Guest Post --- Deer in a Bottle

Hi everyone! I'm happy to share with you an easy tutorial for making your product photographs beautiful! I use this for all my jewelry in my etsy shop.

First take a photo that obviously needs some retouching. I used my nikon with a lightbox set up for this photo, but it still could use a little work.


Step 1: Create a new layer fill for Brightness/Contrast.



Step 2: Boost the brightness up until your photo is more vivid. Don't worry about getting it completely white yet.



Step 3: Choose a dodge brush and select midtones.




Step 4: Start brushing the background of your photo. The gray background soon becomes a lighter white.




Step 5: Now select your burn brush to darken your product. For this necklace, dodge creates a deeper color.



Here is your finished product!



I hope you all enjoyed this tutorial! And I hope your product photos become beautiful and amazing!

Deer in a Bottle Blog

Deer in a Bottle Designs

2 comments:

Beth Shephard said...

Thank you for this! I have been paying around with Gimp lately. Also, I will check out your etsy shop. I love browsing around shops! I'd love if you checked mine out too! www.etsy.com/shop/communityphoto

cheers, and thanks again! Great post!

Lexie said...

That's very helpful, thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...