photo Separate_zpsee6734da.jpg  photo about_zps8c821b8c.jpg  photo portfolio_zps8d0d9d7f.jpg  photo bloglovin_zpsa2e5e23c.jpg
 photo 30by30_zps098a90d4.jpg  photo instagram_zpse717f74f.jpg  photo facebook01_zps3b7e857c.jpg  photo Separate01_zps16ecb567.jpg

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Arcata, CA

I'm pretty exhausted from the 6 hour drive from Arcata to home, so I'm keeping this post simple with some shitty camera phone documentation of my weekend.


I stayed with my friend Eric at his little lovely house in Arcata that is filled with maps, plants, rocks, and things from the ocean.


These two silly pots where outside of the grocery store. I really like the cat one and wished I could have brought it home and filled it with succulents.

I brought my little smokey joe just so we could BBQ some home grown acorn squash with butter and brown sugar. We had quite the harvest feast with food grown from my garden and Nick's garden. There were squashes, potatoes, tomatoes, onion, and garlic. Very yummy!

We went to Arts Alive in Eureka, a town close to Arcata. It was really awesome! There were tones of art galleries, street music, snacks, wine, and thrift stores. It happens the first weekend of every month, so next time I visit I'm going to make sure to plan for Arts Alive. This photo was from a bookstore that was presenting art made from old books. I thought it was a great idea and will try to recreate it later and make it into some hanging object. When I figure it out, I'll make a DIY post.

Another image from Arts Alive. It reminded me a lot of Christmas in the Park in San Jose, so I had to take a picture of it.

I also made a few small videos from the trip that I'm going to include in a really low resolution end of summer video for a post in late September. Eric (of Straight Lines for States) will be making a neat little song for the video. I look forward to sharing it with you!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...