photo Separate_zpsee6734da.jpg  photo about_zps8c821b8c.jpg  photo portfolio_zps8d0d9d7f.jpg  photo bloglovin_zpsa2e5e23c.jpg
 photo 30by30_zps098a90d4.jpg  photo instagram_zpse717f74f.jpg  photo facebook01_zps3b7e857c.jpg  photo Separate01_zps16ecb567.jpg

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Expired 35mm film and some August Break

I had very wonderful and relaxing camping trip with my partner as we celebrated our 4 years together. We went to Memorial State Park by Pescadero, which is right off of highway 1. We really lucked out with weather there and were able to do one of my most favorite things in the world, which is creek hiking.

Basically, creek hiking entails wearing shoes you don't mind getting wet and hiking up a creek. I just love walking around in water and examining rocks and watching little fish and water bugs swim around me. We also made decent fires (without lighter fluid or starter logs! It's harder than it sounds, at least for us), had delicious bbq dinners, and ate copious amounts of roasted marshmallows. On our last morning there, we were lucky enough to watch 3 baby racoons play around in the forest (You can see a picture of the three little rascals here, as well as some other pictures from the trip that Nick took).

These are my pictures from the trip (some of which I took for August Break, which are at the end) using expired kodak film from 2006. I have to say I am pretty happy with the way the expired film came out. I wasn't going for anything artistic really, I was just having fun taking pictures!

Bridge
A tree bridge.

Forest View
I love staring at the tops of trees when I'm in the forest.

Keds are water shoes Keds are water shoes
Keds make for great water shoes.

Creek
The creek we hiked around in.

Focus
I have no idea what this was. The end of the roll was in pretty bad shape. I think nick is in the middle, and the circle is probably a sun flare.

Stretch Back Portrait
Nick, enjoying the warmth of the day.

Now, to catch up with some August Break!



August 9th
August 9th
There is something very funny in this picture. Do you see it?

August 10th
August 10th
I am in love with expired film.

August 11th
August 11th
Drying the creek shoes in the sun.

Reviewing these pictures makes me want to go camping again.



6 comments:

cb said...

i love all of these!!! the grain is so awesome and they look like they came from a different era. the tree one is my favorite, beautiful and refreshing and makes me want to live amongst the redwoods!
xo,
cb

Let It Be Raw said...

Thanks! Yea, the expired film sure did make everything really old and grainy looking. I was hoping for a 70s feel.

Tara said...

I applaud you for keeping up with film photography! I wish I had the patience for it! Beautiful pictures!

Let It Be Raw said...

Thank you! You're right about the patience... haha. Sometimes I really don't have the patience to wait for my pictures.

Beth Shephard said...

Hmmm... I just came across some expired film. Now I am intrigued to see what it might produce! ...and no, I can't see what's funny in the picture. Do tell!

Let It Be Raw said...

If you look in the tree on the right... there is a silly little head looking at you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...