photo Separate_zpsee6734da.jpg  photo about_zps8c821b8c.jpg  photo portfolio_zps8d0d9d7f.jpg  photo bloglovin_zpsa2e5e23c.jpg
 photo 30by30_zps098a90d4.jpg  photo instagram_zpse717f74f.jpg  photo facebook01_zps3b7e857c.jpg  photo Separate01_zps16ecb567.jpg

Monday, April 9, 2012

Printing Paper 7


Big Sur Rock 01

Another Rock! I know, I'm a sucker.

This is a weather and ocean worn rock from off the coast of highway 1 near Big Sur not 20 feet away from the ocean. When I was developing this image in the dark room, a few people thought it was a picture of trees. I can see that.

I'm really fascinated with the crevices and round little holes created by water. I understand that water can wear rocks down into new shapes and forms, but at the same time it just seems so impossible to me. Does anyone else weirded out by the seemingly impossible things nature can do?

1 comment:

cb said...

that is super crazy that is a rock! it is pretty impressive. rocks by the ocean always have those holes which i am assuming is from the sand. the ocean is so awesome!
xo,
cb

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...