photo Separate_zpsee6734da.jpg  photo about_zps8c821b8c.jpg  photo portfolio_zps8d0d9d7f.jpg  photo bloglovin_zpsa2e5e23c.jpg
 photo 30by30_zps098a90d4.jpg  photo instagram_zpse717f74f.jpg  photo facebook01_zps3b7e857c.jpg  photo Separate01_zps16ecb567.jpg

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Avon Fish (Studio Light Table)

Avon Fish by Let It Be Raw
Avon Fish, a photo by Let It Be Raw on Flickr.

So this is an Avon fish that still has the goo in it and everything (smells weird). I found it in an antique store in Gilroy among a lot of other cool things like a silk scarf and (Nick's glorious find) Bruce Campbell's movie The Man With The Screaming Brain.

This is the second studio project for my photo class. For this assignment I had to chose some items to do product or subject shots using a light table, studio lights and sheets of color gels. For the Avon fish I used a turquoise color gel sheet to make it more ocean-like. Fake fish or not, blue made the most sense to me for a background color.

I know I'm a strict film user, but using digital for studio lighting saves a lot of time so that I can concentrate on printing the final project.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...