photo Separate_zpsee6734da.jpg  photo about_zps8c821b8c.jpg  photo portfolio_zps8d0d9d7f.jpg  photo bloglovin_zpsa2e5e23c.jpg
 photo 30by30_zps098a90d4.jpg  photo instagram_zpse717f74f.jpg  photo facebook01_zps3b7e857c.jpg  photo Separate01_zps16ecb567.jpg

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Fungus Identification #02

Welcome to the exciting world of mushrooms! This was the hardest mushroom to identify and I'm not even sure if I have the correct name for it...

Photobucket


Photobucket
This time I used glass instead of paper to make a spore print because the spores where white. 
Photobucket
This is what the spores look like over a black table. The mushroom was pretty tiny so I had a hard time getting a good picture. Next time I'll use black paper instead of glass...

So, I think it is some kind of Tricholomatacae, which is frustrating for me to identify because it's a huge genera and there isn't really any solid taxonomy for it. But in my attempt to get as specific as possible, I narrowed it down to marasmuis cohaerens. Is that right? I have no idea. I'm going to name it painius inmyassus.

Nick found a very interesting fungus that I thought was pretty gross looking. I didn't take a picture of it myself, but here is an image of it along with the description. He found Black Witches Butter, or exidia glandulosa.

source

3 comments:

cb said...

oh wow that black witch butter is totally creepy! Is it also poisinous? Caue it looks like it would be!
Xo,cb

Let It Be Raw said...

I don't think it's poisonous, but I don't think anyone has or wants to test out that theory... cause it looks like poop.

Anonymous said...

Ha! I love that people in history have named plants/fungi things like "Black Witches Butter".

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...