Friday, September 23, 2011

Guest Post --- Deer in a Bottle

Hi everyone! I'm happy to share with you an easy tutorial for making your product photographs beautiful! I use this for all my jewelry in my etsy shop.

First take a photo that obviously needs some retouching. I used my nikon with a lightbox set up for this photo, but it still could use a little work.

Step 1: Create a new layer fill for Brightness/Contrast.

Step 2: Boost the brightness up until your photo is more vivid. Don't worry about getting it completely white yet.

Step 3: Choose a dodge brush and select midtones.

Step 4: Start brushing the background of your photo. The gray background soon becomes a lighter white.

Step 5: Now select your burn brush to darken your product. For this necklace, dodge creates a deeper color.

Here is your finished product!

I hope you all enjoyed this tutorial! And I hope your product photos become beautiful and amazing!

Deer in a Bottle Blog

Deer in a Bottle Designs


Beth said...

Thank you for this! I have been paying around with Gimp lately. Also, I will check out your etsy shop. I love browsing around shops! I'd love if you checked mine out too!

cheers, and thanks again! Great post!

Lexie said...

That's very helpful, thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...