photo Separate_zpsee6734da.jpg  photo about_zps8c821b8c.jpg  photo portfolio_zps8d0d9d7f.jpg  photo bloglovin_zpsa2e5e23c.jpg
 photo 30by30_zps098a90d4.jpg  photo instagram_zpse717f74f.jpg  photo facebook01_zps3b7e857c.jpg  photo Separate01_zps16ecb567.jpg

Tuesday, March 15, 2011


Usually when I take photos, it is of something I see and not something that I create or stage. With this set of three it isn't as obvious, however I was trying to actively find things that I could group together into a subject rather than stumbling upon things. I was trying to aim for something mystical, magical, colorful and feminine. Moths, crystals, and cats seem to somehow fall into this category by accident but I think they really do work together. The moth photo looks to me like a spell/soup that has just been cast with green, reds, and yellows. The crystals by their selves are pretty yes, but they are definitely more magical and mysterious when formed into shapes. And cats can be associated with femininity and witchyness.
I've wanted to be a witch when I was a little Christian girl, a witch like the ones I read about in fairytales and books. Sometimes they were bad and persecuted, but most of the time they were strong, intelligent, clever, beautiful, and whimsical women. This is probably why Jesus didn't interest me as much.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...