photo Separate_zpsee6734da.jpg  photo about_zps8c821b8c.jpg  photo portfolio_zps8d0d9d7f.jpg  photo bloglovin_zpsa2e5e23c.jpg
 photo 30by30_zps098a90d4.jpg  photo instagram_zpse717f74f.jpg  photo facebook01_zps3b7e857c.jpg  photo Separate01_zps16ecb567.jpg

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Studio Failure

Ok, so this wasn't a complete failure but more of a rushed and half-baked attempt to get things done for a project. I have 1 hours to set up the studio, photograph my friend, then drive off to Santa Cruz for an interview.

I really really wish I had access to the studio again so I could redo this. Chelsea and I had a great idea that required me dressing in drag that hopefully we will be able to do sometime in the future. Anyways, here is a behind the scenes look of what we did that day.


On the left, you can see part of the studio and lighting set up. On the right, I just cropped out everything that wasn't Chelsea and the background. I didn't think through the lighting so things came out a little grey and dark. In hindsight, I should have done digital because I'm more familiar with using a digital camera in a studio. Live and learn!



I thought this was a sweet one of Chelsea. This "failure" made me realize that I really need to practice studio lighting so that I can branch out into commercial work. Chelsea is also a great model! We did a special Halloween themed photo shoot in my garage last October. Click here to check it out!

p.s. Don't forget to enter my giveaway here! Today is the last day to enter!

2 comments:

cb said...

i still think these look really great but it is always great to learn and from that you grow.
xo,
cb

Elisha said...

you are so so so pretttyy!! I'm your 98th follower!!! (:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...