photo Separate_zpsee6734da.jpg  photo about_zps8c821b8c.jpg  photo portfolio_zps8d0d9d7f.jpg  photo bloglovin_zpsa2e5e23c.jpg
 photo 30by30_zps098a90d4.jpg  photo instagram_zpse717f74f.jpg  photo facebook01_zps3b7e857c.jpg  photo Separate01_zps16ecb567.jpg

Monday, March 28, 2011

Rock Heart

This is a continuation of an idea I have been playing around with that involves skin and surroundings. I did a post earlier like this that involved mainly dirt and creek debris. In this set I used a rock and Nick as my model. I tried to recreate the strong and heavy aspect of rocks by having Nick lay on the ground what I would call a strong posture with his elbows out. I really like the way his fingers laced over the rock so I had to take a close up of that.
In the picture below Nick is actually laying upside down on a rock which is giving him a strange posture. Rocks have a lot of shape and depth and they roll over and lay awkwardly on each other. I think this would have worked better if I was father away and the rock underneath him could be seen, however we were sort of in a small cliff-like area.
More to come.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...